The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) conducts a combined PCS Exam every year. The syllabus for the BPSC exam is curated by the Bihar Public Service Commission and is similar to that of UPSC. The 67th BPSC official notification 2022 is out, and the exam is scheduled to be held in January 2022. Candidates preparing for the exam must check the https://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/ and start preparing accordingly.
The BPSC revised the 67th PCS Exam vacancies by adding 68 more posts. Check details in the official notice issued by the commission and go through other information. Bihar Public Service Commission notified on December 16, 2021, that more vacancies from two departments are added to its BPSC 67th exam 2021. The total vacancies now are 794. The Prelims exam will be conducted offline on January 23, 2022, is postponed.
The commission has released a notification consisting of important dates regarding the 67th exam for 2022-
|2021 Notification||September 24, 2021|
|Application Start Date||September 30, 2021|
|Application Last Date||November 19, 2021|
|Admit Cards Release Date||To be notified|
|Prelims Exam Date||January 23th, 2022(postponed till further notice)|
BPSC 67th Exam 2021: Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
The (BPSC) Bihar Public Service Commission conducts exams for vacancies announced in its notification that are released. The exam will include three stages- prelims, mains, and interview. The BPSC prelims exam is of 2 hours, comprising 150 objective-type questions based mainly on general studies. Candidates will have to clear the prelims exam to appear in the mains exam. All the candidates who qualify for the mains exam are called for the personal interview for the final step of the selection process.
|Prelims||1 Paper 2 Hours 150 Question Type|
|Mains||4 Papers (1 qualifying+3 ranking papers) 3 hours each 900 marks |
(300 each) Subjective Type
At the time of the interview, the candidates’ documents will be verified; hence candidates are to carry with them all the original documents.
Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
Prelims is an examination that is used to shortlist the candidates eligible for the Mains. The Mains exam and Interview marks are taken into account in the final merit list.
Events of National and International Importance
History of Bihar and Indian History
Geography, Geography of Bihar
Indian Polity and Economy
Changes in the Economy of Bihar Post-Independence
Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
General Mental Ability.
|120 marks (without negative marking)|
The BPSC Prelims Exam will be of 120 marks, and no negative marking for wrong answers. Candidates who qualify the prelims exam will appear for the mains exam.
BPSC 67th Combined State Civil Services Mains Exam
BPSC 67th combined exam consists of 4 written examinations.
General Studies-1 consists of
- Indian Culture.
- Modern History of India.
- Contemporary events of national and international importance.
- Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs.
General Studies-2 consists of
- Indian (and Bihar) Polity.
- Indian (and Bihar) Economy.
- Indian (and Bihar) Geography.
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar).
Optional Paper: this will be of your expertise. You can check the official notification for an optional paper.
|Syllabus||Marks (Section- Wise)||TIme|
|General Hindi||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies-1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies-2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
BPSC Interview Test 2022
Candidates who qualify through the written examination will then be asked to attend an Interview Test for the respective position desired. This is to test the suitability of the candidate for the job. Aspirants must be well versed with the current affairs and events happening both within and outside their state. The Mental and Analytical qualities of the aspirant will also be tested.
Posts of 67th Combined BPSC Exam
Recommended books for 2022 BPSC
Any high school level textbook will be good to prepare for this exam; textbooks from Class 6 – 12th are recommended. (NCERT)
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma.
- History Of Medieval India – Satish Chandra
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (ESSENTIAL FOR UPSC)
- Introduction to the Constitution of India – D. D. Basu (only for Mains)
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh.
BPSC Admit Card
The admit card for BPSC Exam, The hall ticket for the BPSC Mains examination and the call letter for the BPSC interview will be released ahead of the examination dates. To stay updated with the https://bpssc.bih.nic.in/AdmitCards.htm details, candidates can check the linked article.
Bihar BPSC 67th CCE Essential Qualifications
It is mandatory for the applicant to have passed the graduation from a recognized university on the last date of filling the online application or any equivalent qualification.
Minimum age service wise as of 01.08.2021-
- 20 years, 21 years and 22 years and
- Maximum unreserved (male) 37 years,
- Unreserved (female), backward class, and Extremely backward class (male and female) – 40 years and
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Male and Female) – 42 years
Application Fees for BPSC
- Rs.600/- General candidates
- Rs.150/- SC/ ST of Bihar State only
- Rs.150/- for handicapped candidates (40% or more)
- All other candidates- Rs.600/-
- In addition to the above-mentioned examination fee, the candidate will also have to pay the fee prescribed by various banks, which will be automatically taken as a bank charge by the bank in the course of online payment.
For more details regarding BPSC Exam, visit https://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/.