The National Eligibility Entrance Test for Undergraduates (NEET-UG) is a competitive exam held by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students seeking admission to undergraduate MBBS and BDS programs in India. Every year, an increasing number of people apply for the NEET Exam to pursue a medical career. And To get the best marks in exams, it is very important to know how to prepare for NEET 2022.
The NEET 2022 Exam is one of India’s most challenging entrance exams, with lakhs of students taking it each year. We believe this shows the level of competition every prospective medical student must face in realizing their dream of becoming a good doctor. With the high level of competition, NEET candidates should prepare ahead of time if they want to do well.
NEET UG 2022 Highlights
The key features and highlights of NEET-UG 2022 are listed in the table below.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||Undergraduate (UG) Exam at National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline or Paper Pencil Based Test (PBT)|
|Courses Offered Through NEET UG||MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BVSC & AH|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct answer|
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Number of Exam Cities||543 (India)|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||17th July 2022|
|Exam Timings||2 pm to 5:20 pm|
|NEET Official Website||neet.nta.nic.in|
NEET Education Qualification
NEET 2022 education requirements are important for applicants who wish to pursue a career in medical.
- For NEET 2022, candidates must hold a 10+2 degree or equivalent from any recognized board, including CBSE, ICSE, and state boards.
- During 10+2 or its equivalent, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Biology must be included as core subjects.
- However, NEET eligibility will withdrawn if candidates don’t clear their Class 12 board exams.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission or by December 31, 2022, to qualify for NEET eligibility 2022.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
Knowing the NEET exam pattern in advance can improve preparation for the entrance exam. Authorities describe the facts based on the type of exam, style of paper, language, duration, question type, official marking scheme, and more in the NEET exam pattern 2022. As a result, studying for the NEET exam will be enough unless you are familiar with the NEET 2022 exam format.
|Factors in Exam Pattern||Details|
|NTA NEET 2022 Exam Date||July 17, 2022|
|Mode of NEET question paper||Pen and Paper-based. candidates are given an OMR sheet to mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen|
|Duration of the NEET exam||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Language/Medium||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu|
|Total Number of Questions asked in NEET 2022||The NEET 2022 exam has a total of 200 questions, but candidates must only attempt 180 of them.|
|Total marks in NEET||720 Marks|
|NEET Negative Marking Scheme 2022||One mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt|
|NEET Marking Scheme 2022||4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
Subject-wise NEET Preparation Tips 2022
Every candidate aspires to get the highest possible score to achieve their objectives. For the best exam results, a syllabus is necessary. You’ll get closer to your goal if you practice more problems.
Physics Preparation Tips:
- Make sure you understand each subject in physics.
- Practice figuring out conceptual problems while under time pressure.
- To perform well in physics theory, cover all the required material thoroughly.
- One must consider the equations first when it comes to problem-solving questions.
- Formula notes should be maintained separately and updated frequently.
Chemistry Preparation Tips:
- The chemistry segment of the NEET is regarded as being the simplest and most rewarding. Physical, organic, and inorganic make up its three components.
- Both organic and inorganic chemistry should receive the same amount of attention.
- Understand all the formulas and question categories.
- Regularly solve mathematical puzzles.
- Take careful notes for each chapter and become familiar with the periodic table.
Biology Preparation Tips:
- The biology section is given the most weight.
- Over the past few years, the difficulty of biology has increased. So, prepare the topic appropriately.
- Biology is all about theory. Take note of technical terms, definitions, and concepts.
- You must be very aware of diagrams on the NEET, as they frequently appear in questions.
Important topics for NEET 2022 preparation
Candidates should be fully informed about the authorized NEET syllabus before anything else. They might contrast the NEET material with the one for their board exams. If there are shared chapters, candidates won’t need to prep for them individually, which is beneficial.
Topics to focus on for NEET
- Nuclear Physics
- Mole Concept
- Periodic Table
- General Organic Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding.
- Cell Biology
- Ecology & Environment
- Basics of Biotechnology
- Physiology of Animals & Plants
Best book for NEET 2022 preparation
The perfect book and study materials will decide whether or not a candidate can take the entrance exam. The top books for NEET 2022 must be divided into NCERT, reference books, and question banks from prior years. Clearing the fundamental concepts is assured by studying all of these books. NCERT is touted as the greatest book for studying for any competitive exam.
NEET Best Books for Physics
Candidates must first study and understand the topics and the formula’s derivation in-depth if they expect to perform well on this portion. A list of some key Physics NEET preparation books is provided below.
|Physics for NEET||C.P. Singh|
|40 Days Physics for NEET||S. B. Tripathi|
|Cengage Physics NEET For Everyone||C.P. Singh|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|DC Pandey Physics for NEET||D C Pandey|
NEET Best Books for Chemistry
From the perspective of the medical exam, chemistry is a crucial subject. Therefore, this is an easy and highly scoring section of the test. The finest NEET preparation books for chemistry are listed below:
|Dinesh Chemistry Guide||Dinesh|
|Boyd for Organic Chemistry||H.C. Verma|
|Objective Chemistry||R. K. Gupta|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||JD Lee|
|ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12||Modern|
NEET Best Books for Biology
Candidates must use the best books and the appropriate NEET Biology study strategy. The table below provides the list of NEET Books for Biology: –
|Pradeep’s Publication Biology||Pradeep’s Publication|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET||M.P Tyagi|
|Objective Biology by Dinesh||Dinesh|
|Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2||Trueman|
|40 Days Biology for NEET||S. Chakravarty|
|GR Bathla publications for Biology||GR Bathla|
How to start preparation for NEET?
- Make sure you’re familiar with the NEET Syllabus: Before making a study strategy, you should be familiar with the NEET exam syllabus. NEET is divided into three sections: Chemistry, Physics, and Biology, which are all part of the NCERT class 11th and 12th syllabus. NCERT books are highly recommended for NEET since they help create the foundation for a fundamental understanding of each concept.
- Make a Workable Schedule: Everything is up in the air if you don’t have a proper schedule. As a student, you must attend school while studying for the competitive examination; failing to plan ahead of time will only injure you in the long run. Consider what you’d do if there were no index: how would you figure out what was in the book? Similarly, if you don’t have a schedule, you’ll be unsure what to study and when to study.
- While reading, take notes: Simply reading books will not benefit you in the long run since you will not keep track of what you have learned. If you don’t take notes as you read, you’ll have a lot of problems when it comes to rewriting. You will remember things for a long time if you write them down. Make it a practice to take notes side by side anytime you’re reading a new chapter, concept, or topic. You can use a language that suits you best while making your notes and add your short forms and explanations.
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers & Take NEET Mock Tests: Previous year question papers will assist you in gaining a better knowledge of the types of questions you will be asked on the NEET exam. Otherwise, if you only study and do not practice, you will take far too long to answer the questions. This will lower your chances of passing the NEET. However, if you practice thoroughly and examine all of your errors, you will be able to identify your weak places. This will offer you plenty of time to practice and prepare for the exam.
All the best for upcoming exams!!!