The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) annually conducts the Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Exam. HCS is conducted to recruit class A officers in Haryana Administration.
The Exam is very competitive in nature, like UPSC IAS Exam. And hence need proper guidance, syllabus, and study material. In this article, we’ll discuss the HPSC HCS Syllabus 2022 is essential for the exam.
A candidate must pass all three stages of the HPSC HCS exam by studying according to HPSC’s latest exam pattern and syllabus.
Additionally, two papers of objective-type questions are included in the HPSC prelims exam: CSAT and General Studies.
HPSC HCS 2022 Overview
All important HPSC HCS 2022 information is available for the candidates’ convenience.
|Exam Name||Haryana Civil Services – HCS|
|Conducting Body||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Geographical Scope of Exam||State-level – Haryana|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Stages||Prelims, Mains, & Interview|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Helpdesk||0172 – 2560755|
HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- There are two exams with 100 marks each.
- The questionnaire is in objective MCQs.
- The exam duration is 2 hours.
- 1/4 of marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- The question paper is in two languages: Hindi and English.
|PAPER||SUBJECTS||TOTAL NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||EXAM DURATION|
|I||General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
HPSC HCS Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- The HCS Mains examination has five papers.
- Papers will include conventional questions.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- This test also consists of a 75 marks interview round.
- The final selection is based on a total of 675 marks.
|II||Hindi (in Devanagari script)||100|
|Total marks in Mains exam||600|
|Total marks in Mains + Personality Test||675|
HPSC Haryana Civil Services HSC Syllabus 2022
Before beginning their exam preparations, candidates preparing for the HPSC exam must thoroughly understand the topics covered in the HPSC HCS syllabus 2022. The plan is a detailed examination syllabus for all stages of the exam:
Prelims Syllabus 2022
The HPSC Prelims exam comprises two papers: General Studies and CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test). All of the prelims papers are objective.
General Studies (Paper I)
- General Science: Questions included in General Science cover general science, which deals with things happening in our daily lives. Some of the subjects which candidates are supposed to study while preparing for this exam include Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- Importance of Current Events (National & International): This section includes current events happening both nationally and internationally.
- History of India and Indian National Movement: In this section, the questions linked to Indian history are asked in the exam. The kind of questions asked in the exam are related to the Indian National Movement, the growth of nationalism, etc.
- Indian and World Geography: Questions will be based on the social, economic, and physical geography of India and candidates also have to prepare about Indian agriculture as well.
- Culture, Politics, Economy of India: Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge on the country‘s political system and Constitution of India, economic developments in the country, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- General Mental Ability: Haryana–Economy, and people. Social, economic, and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
CSAT (Paper II)
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude, etc.-Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, date sufficiency etc. – Class X-level).
HCS Mains Syllabus 2022
The HPSC HCS syllabus includes three papers: English, Hindi, and General Studies. Qualifying for the HPSC HCS main exam is necessary to be considered further, and the marks obtained in all papers will be considered when preparing for the final HPSC HCS result.
- Precise writing
- Comprehension skills
- Word usage and vocabulary
- General Grammar knowledge
- Composition or Essay
- Translation of English passage to Hindi
- The letter or precise writing
- Explanation of Hindi passage (with reference to poetry or prose), Composition (idioms, proverbs, etc.)
- Essay (choice of topics will be given)
HCS General Studies Syllabus: Part-1
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture:
- The History of Modern India, will cover history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on important personalities who shaped the freedom movement and social reforms.
- The part relating to Indian Culture‘ will cover all aspects of Indian culture from ancient to modern times.
- Geography of India: In this part, questions will be on the physical, economic and social geography of India.
- Indian Polity: This part will include questions on the Constitution of India, the Political system, and related matters.
- Current National issues and topics of social relevance: This part is intended to test the candidate‘s awareness of current national issues and topics of social relevance in present-day India, such as the following : Demography and Human Resources and related issues.
- Behavioral and social issues and social welfare problems, such as child labour, gender equality, adult literacy, rehabilitation of the handicapped and other deprived segments of the society, drug abuse, public health etc. Law enforcement issues, human rights, corruption in public life, communal harmony etc. Internal Security and related issues. Environmental issues, ecological preservation, conservation of natural resources and national heritage. The role of national institutions, their relevance and need for change.
H.C.S. General Studies Syllabus: Part-2
- India and the World: This part is intended to test the candidate‘s awareness of India‘s relationship with the world in various spheres, such as the following:-
- Foreign Affairs External Security and related matters. Nuclear Policy. Indian abroad.
- Indian Economy: In this part, questions will be on the planning and economic development in India, economic and trade issues, foreign trade, the role and functions of I.M.F. World Bank, W.T.O. etc.
- International Affairs and Institutions: This part will include questions on important events in world affairs and on international institutions.
- Developments in the field of science and technology, communications and space: In this part, questions will test the candidate‘s awareness of the developments in the field of science and technology, communications and space, and also basic ideas about computers.
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams: This part will include exercises to test the candidate‘s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical, or diagrammatic form and to point out deficiencies, limitations, or inconsistencies therein.
Dhurina wishes you the best of luck in your upcoming exams. Stay tuned if you want more information on the HPSC HCS exam.