Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for Civil Services Exam 2022. This exam brings about opportunities for the candidates for prestigious posts like Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Forest Service (IFoS), Group ‘A’ Civil Services, and Group ‘B’ Civil Services. As mentioned in Article 320, the UPS Commission organizes various Examinations to recruit for the services of the Union. Interested candidates can now apply for the Civil Services Exam through upsc.gov.in.
Table of Contents
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 – Overview
The UPSC Civil Services Examination takes place annually in three stages: UPSC Prelims, UPSC Mains, and UPSC Interview. The Application Process for the same has started on the official website. The last date to apply is February 22nd, 2022, until 6 P.M. It is considered one of the toughest Examinations in the world. This article provides all the required information such as Vacancies, Eligibility, Selection Process, etc.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022|
|UPSC Notification||February 2nd, 2022|
|Last date to Apply||February 22nd, 2022|
|UPSC Prelims Exam Date||June 5th, 2022|
|Application Fee||INR 100/-|
The commission has announced that the UPSC Prelims 2022 will take place on June 5th, 2022. It is the first stage of the Civil Services Examination Procedure. It consists of two papers: General Studies-I and General Studies-II/CSAT, and both of them are Objective type papers, i.e., MCQ type. GS-I is of 100 marks while GS-II is of 80 marks. Negative marking is done for each wrong answer. The candidates who score at least 66 marks in GS-II will get their GS-I paper analyzed. Therefore, CSAT is of qualifying nature.
The candidates who successfully qualify for the Prelims are eligible for UPSC Mains Exam, which will take place from September 16th, 2022, onwards. It is the second stage of the Civil Services Examination Procedure. UPSC Mains is a theory-based Examination where the candidates must write subjective answers to the respective questions. It consists of nine Papers, including two languages and two optional papers, four General Studies papers, and an essay writing paper. Out of the listed 48 subjects, the candidate has to select one optional topic on which the two optional papers will be based.
The two language papers are 300 marks each, and the others are 250 marks each. The candidates are required to qualify for the two compulsory language papers (English and Hindi) with a minimum of 33 percent marks in order to get the remaining seven papers analyzed.
The interview round of the UPSC Civil Services Exam tests the personality of the candidate. The exam date has not been announced yet by the Board. It is considered the most challenging round of the Examination Procedure. The candidates who successfully qualify UPSC Mains and UPSC Prelims become eligible for this round.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 – Vacancies
The commission is conducting the Civil Services Exam to fill in 861 posts, including 34 reserved for candidates with Benchmark Disability Category.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
The UPSC Board has released the eligibility criteria for all the categories. The candidates fulfilling the required eligibility will appear for the Prelims, Mains, and the Interview rounds of the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022. For IAN, IFS and IPS, the candidate must be a citizen of India, and for other Services, the candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
According to the notification released by the Board, a candidate must hold a Graduate degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification. Other conditions are as follows:-
- A candidate is eligible to attempt the Mains Examination, If he/she is appearing for the examination in the last year of their qualifying graduation course recognised by the commission and the result has not been declared yet.
- In exceptional cases, the board may treat a candidate eligible for the Examination even if he does not have any ongoing qualifying degree, provided that the candidate has passed the final examination conducted by any other recognised institution which the board may find suitable for the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022.
- Candidate acquiring a professional or technical degree from a recognised institution will also be eligible for the Mains Examination.
- If a candidate is pursuing the final year of M.B.B.S and has not yet completed his internship, will be eligible for the UPSC examination, provided that he owns a certificate of completion of final year from the corresponding institute.
The Board has mentioned in the notification that the candidate should have attained at least 21 years of age and at most 32 years of age, as of August 1st, 2022. Age relaxation according to the various categories is:-
|Defense Services Personnel||3 Years|
Number of Attempts
The number of attempts for every candidate as per the notification issued by the UPSC is a maximum of 6 attempts at the CSE. However, relaxation in the number of attempts will be available to the SC/ST/OBC
and PwBD category candidates who are otherwise eligible.
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|PwBD||09 for GL/EWS/OBC, Unlimited for SC/ST|
Steps to Apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022
- Visit the official website of the UPS Commission, ie, https://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Select the ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’ link on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to a new page, under the ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2022’ Option, select ‘Part-I Registration’ option.
- After thoroughly reading all the instructions, click on ‘Yes’ option.
- Fill in your details on the relevant fields and click on ‘Continue/Proceed’.
- You will be redirected to Payment getaways window, pay the application fees and click on ‘Continue/Proceed’.
- Add your Photo, Signature and Photo ID card at the form and submit.
- Your application is submitted successfully, take a print out for future reference.
The candidates are informed that the last date to submit their application forms is February 22nd, 2022. It is advised that you successfully submit the form before the last date to avoid any last-minute problems. Keep all the necessary documents handy when filling out the application form. For more updates, stay connected to our website and the official website.