The Staff Selection Commission organizes an All India Entrance Exam to recruit Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS), Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post for various Central Government Departments and Ministries in numerous States and Union Territories. This entrance exam opens opportunities for 10th grade passed candidates. SSC MTS Exam Notification will be released on March 23rd, 2022, and the written exam for Tier-I will take place in June 2022.
The Interested candidates can apply via online mode from March 23rd, 2022. This article will provide all the important information such as eligibility, Exam Pattern, the Application process, etc. For more details and updates, you can visit the official website for the SSC www.ssc.nic.in
SSC MTS 2022 Exam – Overview
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff Recruitment Examination|
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||UR (Male) – Rs 100|
OBC (Male)- Rs 100
EWS (Male) – Rs 100
Reserved Category – Exempted
Female – Exempted
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Computer-Based Test,|
Paper-II: Descriptive Type
|Exam Duration||Paper-I: 2 hours|
Paper-II: 30 minutes
|Language||English and Hindi|
SSC MTS Notification 2022
The SSC MTS Notification 2022 is all set to be released on March 23rd, 2022 on the official website of SSC. The Candidates will then be able to apply for the exam via the online mode. The last date to fill the application form is expected to be April 30th, 2022.
The Staff Selection Commission has not yet announced the number of vacancies for the SSC MTS 2022 Exam but it is expected to be around 8500. However, the exact number is yet to be announced by the SSC.
The candidates applying for the SSC MTS 2022 Exam must clear the eligibility criteria for the exam.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years.
- The maximum age limit to apply for the post of SSC MTS should be 25 years old as of August 1, 2022.
- The date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation certificate or equivalent exam will be considered for age calculation.
- Relaxations in the upper age limit are provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
|SC/ST Candidates||30 years|
|OBC Candidates||28 years|
|PH(GEN) Candidates||35 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (General)||30 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (OBC)||33 years|
|SC/ ST Candidates belonging to J&K||35 years|
The applicants must successfully pass class 10th exams from a recognized board/Institution.
Steps to Apply for SSC MTS 2022 Exam:
- Visit the official website of SSC i.e., http://ssc.nic.in as soon as the commission publishes the date of the online application.
- Click on the SSC MTS 2022 link under the important announcements tab.
- Complete the registration process by clicking on new registration.
- Candidates will receive the registration number and password on their respective mail-ids.
- Log in using your credentials and click on apply now.
- Complete the application form by filling in required details like the candidate’s name, father’s name, date of birth along with educational qualification details in the relevant fields.
- Further, upload scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPG format in prescribed dimension and size to avoid disqualification of the application.
- Proceed with the application fee payment process by using Net Banking or through Debit/Credit Card.
- After successful fee payment, save a soft copy of the application form along with the fee payment receipt for future references.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2022
The applicants will receive an admission card after they successfully fill out the application forms. The admission card will contain a unique roll number and the important information of the candidate which will be verified at the time of the examination. Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website of the SSC. It is compulsory for the candidates to carry the hard copy of their admit card during the time of their examination. The admit card will include the following:-
- Date of Birth
- Registration Number
- Name of Centre
- Date of Exam
- Reporting Time
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2022
The SSC MTS 2022 Exam consists two stages, ie, Tier-I which is an MCQ Paper and Tier-II which is a Descriptive type Paper. Paper-I will be a computer-based test consisting of 100 questions of 100 marks and of 90 minutes duration. Likewise, Paper-II will be of 50 marks descriptive type questions to be completed within 30 minutes. For each incorrect attempt, ¼ marks would be deducted.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Letter/Essay writing in English or any of language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution||50||General Candidates- 30 minutes.|
Visually handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates- 45 minutes
SSC MTS Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for SSC MTS 2022 Exam is as follows:-
|General Awareness||Indian History, Culture, Computer & Mobile Technology, Current Affairs, Dates, Portfolios, Schemes, GK- Sports, People In News, Books, Nutrition, Geography, Environment, Physics + Space Science Diseases, pollution, Economy, Polity, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Numerical Aptitude||Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Simplification, Problems on Ages Interest, Speed Time & Distance, Average, Mensuration, Profit & Loss, Number System, Number Series, Time & Work, Mixture problems, Geometry, DI, Algebra, and Trigonometry|
|Reasoning||Word formation, Classification, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Directions & Distances, Matrix, Venn diagram Missing Number, Analogy, Puzzles, Series, Verbal Reasoning, Arrangement of words|
|English Language||Fill in the Blanks, Spellings, Synonyms & Antonyms, Error Spotting Phrase or Idiom Meaning, Reading Comprehension, Jumbled Sentences, One Word Substitution, Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction|
- Candidates qualifying the minimum eligibility criteria will appear for the first round of computer-based tests- Paper-I.
- Candidates who successfully pass the first round of examination and depending upon the cut-off marks set by the commission will be eligible to appear for the Paper-II descriptive type examination.
- The final merit list will then be prepared for candidates qualifying for the Paper-II examination.
- Qualified candidates are called for document verification depending upon the rank of candidates.
- Successfully verified candidates will be allotted respective postings along with offer letters on their registered mail ID and postal address.
SSC MTS Results 2022
SSC will announce the results of the SSC MTS exam on its official website of SSC after a few days of successfully conducting the recruitment examination. The candidates are advised to keep checking the official website http://ssc.nic.in for more updates regarding the SSC MTS 2022 Exam.