The online registration for SSC CGL 2022 have started with full force from December 23rd, 2021, till January 23rd, 2022. It is advised to complete the registration process before the last date if you haven’t already submitted it yet. This article will cover complete information regarding the notification, vacancy, selection process, etc.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam to recruit desirable interested candidates for non-technical Group B and Group C, non-periodical posts under numerous ministries of Government. The SSC CGL Notification was released on the official website of the commission https://ssc.nic.in on December 23rd, 2021.
The CGL exam is held once a year on a national level. The interested candidates can apply for the exam by completing the online application form before the last date to avoid any last-minute complications.
SSC CGL 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Online Registration||December 23rd, 2021 to January 23rd, 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test|
|Posts Offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
Exam Date for SSC CGL 2022
The SSC Combined Graduate Level exam date for Tier-I is in April 2022. However, the exact date is not yet announced by the commission.
The Vacancy for SSC CGL 2022 is not released, however, the vacancies for the year 2020-21 were 7035, for the year 2019-20 were 8582, and for the year 2018-19 were 11271. This data may provide a rough prediction for this year’s vacancy criteria.
SSC CGL Online Form
The SSC CGL Online Applications have been started, and the interested capable candidates can apply by visiting the official website https://ssc.nic.in before January 23rd, 2022.
Step by Step Procedure to apply for the SSC CGL Exam
- Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission ssc.nic.in
- You will be redirected to a page where you can get the registration and login form.
- In case you are already registered for SSC Exams, you have to fill in the login details to start the application process.
- If you are not registered, then you must fill the registration form to get yourself registered.
- After a successful login, Click on the “Apply Now” option and fill in all the required details in the relevant fields.
- Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature. Keep your documents handy at the time of registration and application process.
- Before submitting the form, make sure to preview your details.
- The next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through any of the mentioned payment modes.
- Click on submit for a successful submission.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2022 application process is completed and you can take a printout of the application form for further use.
General/OBC: INR 100/-
SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Females: Fee exempted.
The interested candidates must follow the eligibility criteria issued by the Staff Selection Commission.
The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan. Candidates from countries other than the ones mentioned are not allowed to apply for this exam. Candidates from Nepal or Bhutan must have a certificate of eligibility issued from the SSC.
Education and Qualification
Candidates with the following educational qualification can apply for the examination.
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University|
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th|
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
The commission has released the age limit for the respective departments and their posts. The interested candidates must go through the below-mentioned list to check if they fall in the relevant categories.
|SSC CGL Department||Age Limit||Name of the Post|
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,|
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.|
|Up to 32 years|
Junior Statistical Officer
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
SSC CGL 2022 Age Relaxation
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Serviceman (SC/ST)||8 years|
The SSC CGL selection process takes place in four stages, i.e., Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III, and Tier-IV. A candidate must qualify for all of the mentioned stages to pass the exam.
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Descriptive Type Examination (Pen and Paper mode)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
- Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer), and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Candidates who successfully quality in the Tier-I examination will be eligible for Tier-II and Tier-III examination.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The commission has updated the exam pattern for the CGL Examination along with the time duration. The applicants are advised to prepare for the exam accordingly.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Time Duration||Mode of Examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||60 minutes||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||120 minutes (60 minutes each for English and Quants)||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||60 minutes||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||–||wherever applicable|
SSC CGL 2022 Syllabus
The SSC CGL 2022 exam consists of the following sections:-
- General Knowledge – Current affairs, Awards and Honour, Books and Authors, Sports, Entertainment, Obituaries, Important Dates, Scientific Research, Static General Knowledge (History, Geography, etc.), Portfolios, Persons in News, Important Schemes.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Percentage, Number Series, Data Interpretation, Mensuration and Geometry, Quadratic Equation, Interest, Problems of Ages, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportions & Mixture and Alligation, Speed, Distance, and Time, Time and Work, Number System, Data Sufficiency.
- General Reasoning – Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Lineup, Scheduling, Input-Output, Blood Relations, Directions and Distances, Ordering and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Coding and Decoding, Code Inequalities.
- English Comprehension – Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Verbal Ability, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active and Passive Voice, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Error Correction, Cloze Test.
The commission will release the result soon after they successfully conduct the examination procedure and the qualified candidates can check their results as soon as published on the official website. For more updates and further notices, stay updated with the official website of https://ssc.nic.in and stay tuned to our website for more information regarding the exam.