Is it possible to clear a competitive exam like the RAS Exam without any tutors or coaching? This article will help you in understanding how you can prepare for the state civil services examination.
Well, the answer is that there is a good number of candidates who have cleared RAS without coaching. Students who can not afford coaching have also cleared the exam.
Table of Contents
How to Prepare for RAS Exam?
1. Know the Pattern of RAS Exam
Prelims and Mains of exam patterns are important for preparation. The exam pattern is different for each stage.
Stage of Exam
Number of paper
3 hours each
45 – 60 Minutes
RAS Exam Details for Mains and Prelims
After knowing the exam pattern, one should also know the RPSC RAS syllabus and try to complete it within time so that he/she can do revision later on.
- There will be a negative marking for 1/3 marks.
- The difficulty level is graduation level.
- Objective based paper is conducted for Prelims.
|Exam||No. of papers||Subjects||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|Preliminary||1||General Knowledge and General Science||3 hours||150 marks|
Prelims qualified candidates will appear for the mains exam.
- The level of question will be gradute level but the level of General Hindi and General English will be of Senior Secondary Level.
- There will be three types of questions – Short answer questions, Medium answer questions and Long answer questions.
- Short answer questions will be awarded 2 marks per question with word limit of 15.
- Medium answer questions will be awarded 05 marks with word limit of 50.
- Long answer questions will be 10 with a word limit of 100.
- There will be 4 papers in Mains.
|PAPER||SUBJECT||TOPICS||MARKS PER QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
|PAPER-1||General Studies I||Unit 1 – History|
Unit 2 – Economics
Unit 3 – Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing
|PAPER-2||General Studies II||Unit 1 – Administrative Ethics|
Unit 2 – General Science & Technology
Unit 3 – Earth Science (Geography and Geology)
|PAPER 3||General Studies III||Unit 1 – Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs|
Unit 2 – Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
Unit 3 – Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law
|PAPER 4||General Studies IV||Grammar and Usage|
Comprehension, Translation and Precis Writing
Composition & Letter Writing
2. Follow only standard books to clear RAS Exam
After knowing the exam pattern and syllabus, the second important thing for RAS preparation is what sources to be used to complete the curriculum. It should be noted that applicants should only follow authentic sources to cover the syllabi.
- NCERT Books of class 6th to 12th.
- Rajasthan Adhyayan Bhag I to IV.
- Polity by Laxmikant.
- Rajasthan AajTak by Dr. Dinesh & Pushpa Sharma.
- Economy book by Ramesh Singh.
3. Make a disciplined Schedule
After knowing the syllabus and exam pattern, one should also prepare a schedule. By making a routine chart, applicants will know what to prepare and how to prepare for RAS. After making the daily schedule, one should allot the time to each section to devote equal time. There should be a gap between each hour of study sessions so that the mind can be rejuvenated.
4. Being Adaptive to Online Studies
It is the need of the moment to adapt to studying through online mode. There are various YouTube channels and mobile applications that might be of help. Although, while taking help from online material, candidate has to keep in mind that there is tons of information that might distract you from the focus areas.
You can take help of these materials, but books are most relevant for the examination. You can buy our high-quality, dedicated, low-cost courses for the preparation.
5. Revision and Mock tests
Revision is a must for RAS aspirants due to the huge syllabus for the examination. By revising the concepts multiple times one can easily recall the topic while appearing in the exam. To perform well in the exam one should regularly solve the online RAS mock test at home. This practice will develop their confidence before appearing in the real-time exam.
For assistance and study material, mock tests, or doubt sessions, download Dhurina app-https://app.dhurina.in/PhuSjU1uzoBuEAMy7.