Is it possible to clear a competitive exam like the RAS Exam without any tutors or coaching? This article will help you in understanding how you can prepare for the Rajasthan state civil services examination RAS 2022.
Well, the answer is that there is a good number of candidates who couldn’t afford the high fee of coaching and qualify the RAS Exam without any coaching. There are some other examples of the working group, who lack time to join any coaching class but their dedication towards the exam make them as so.
The Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam is held to recruit candidates for the Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS). The RAS is the top rank of state government service, and candidates aspire to pass the RAS test.
To pass the exam, you must first understand the RPSC syllabus thoroughly before beginning your preparation. Furthermore, the exam pattern must be remembered so that all stages of preparation are completed correctly. According to the selection process, preliminary, Mains, and Interview/Personality Tests are the stages of the RPSC test. However, it is necessary to plan how to prepare RAS Exam.
Table of Contents
How to Prepare for RAS Exam?
It is essential to understand all areas of the RPSC RAS examination before beginning preparation, as this will help select a quick pace and complete the preparation.
Most students first prepare for the Prelims and then set their minds for the Mains. Therefore, do not wait until the Prelims are completed to prepare for the Mains. Instead, plan ahead of time for your GS subjects and continue to study them properly.
In addition, because this is a written exam, you should practice your writing abilities and speed. Finally, examine past years’ question papers and begin creating detailed and well-written sample responses. Calculate how long it takes you and practice appropriately. It’s critical to ensure that you can compose thorough responses within the allotted time.
The Rajasthan Administration Service, like UPSC, has three stages of examination.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
A detailed understanding of the RAS exam format and syllabus will improve preparation and performance.
RAS Prelims Exam Overview
After knowing the exam pattern, one should also know the RPSC RAS syllabus and try to complete it within time so that he/she can do revision later on.
- There will be a negative marking for 1/3 marks.
- The difficulty level is graduation level.
- Objective-based paper is conducted for Prelims.
|Exam||No. of papers||Subjects||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|Preliminary||1||General Knowledge and General Science||3 hours||150 marks|
Prelims qualified candidates will appear for the mains exam.
RAS Mains Exam
- The level of question will be graduate-level but the level of General Hindi and General English will be of Senior Secondary Level.
- There will be three types of questions – Short answer questions, Medium answer questions, and Long answer questions.
- Short answer questions will be awarded 2 marks per question with a word limit of 15.
- Medium answer questions will be awarded 05 marks with a word limit of 50.
- Long answer questions will be 10 with a word limit of 100.
- There will be 4 papers in Mains.
Syllabus for RAS Mains
|PAPER||SUBJECT||TOPICS||MARKS PER QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
|PAPER-1||General Studies I||Unit 1 – History|
Unit 2 – Economics
Unit 3 – Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing
|PAPER-2||General Studies II||Unit 1 – Administrative Ethics|
Unit 2 – General Science & Technology
Unit 3 – Earth Science (Geography and Geology)
|PAPER 3||General Studies III||Unit 1 – Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs|
Unit 2 – Concepts, Issues, and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
Unit 3 – Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law
|PAPER 4||General Studies IV||Grammar and Usage|
Comprehension, Translation, and Precis Writing
Composition & Letter Writing
RAS Study Material
If you have a question in your mind, “how to prepare RAS exam?” Then, the answer is textbooks. Textbooks for RAS Prepare are easily available.. They may be found online at most online stores as well as at the majority of bookstores. The following is a list of some of the recommended textbooks for each subject:
- NCERT: Ancient History by R. S. Sharma
- NCERT: Medieval History by Satish Chandra
- NCERT: Modern History by Bipin Chandra
- Spectrum: A brief history of Modern India
- Architecture & Culture of India
- Indian Art & Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Maps of Rajasthan (Rajasthan Manchitravali) by Mumal
- RajRAS: Geography of Rajasthan
- NCERT – Class XI & XII – New Books:
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography – Class – 11
- India Physical Environment – Class – 11
- Fundamentals of Human Geography – Class – 12
- India People & Economy – Class -12
- Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
- Environment: Shankar IAS Book
- Economy of Rajasthan by Laxmi Narayan Nathuramka
- NCERT: Macro Economics
- NCERT: Micro Economics
- Economy by Ramesh Singh (11th Edition)
- Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- A new approach to reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal
Follow only standard books to clear the RAS Exam
After knowing the exam pattern and syllabus, the second important thing for RAS preparation is what sources to be used to complete the curriculum. It should be noted that applicants should only follow authentic sources to cover the syllabi.
- NCERT Books of class 6th to 12th.
- Rajasthan Adhyayan Bhag I to IV.
- Polity by Laxmikant.
- Rajasthan AajTak by Dr. Dinesh & Pushpa Sharma.
- Economy book by Ramesh Singh.
Make a disciplined Schedule
After knowing the syllabus and exam pattern, one should also prepare a schedule. By making a routine chart, applicants will know what to prepare and how to prepare for RAS. After making the daily schedule, one should allot the time to each section to devote equal time. There should be a gap between each hour of study session so that the mind can be rejuvenated.
Being Adaptive to Online Studies
It is the need of the moment to adapt to studying through online mode. There are various YouTube channels and mobile applications that might be of help. Although, while taking help from online material, candidate has to keep in mind that there is tons of information that might distract you from the focus areas.
You can take help of these materials, but books are most relevant for the examination. You can buy our high-quality, dedicated, low-cost courses for the preparation.
Revision and Mock tests
Revision is a must for RAS aspirants due to the huge syllabus for the examination. By revising the concepts multiple times one can easily recall the topic while appearing in the exam. To perform well in the exam one should regularly solve the online RAS mock test at home. This practice will develop their confidence before appearing in the real-time exam.
RAS Preparation Tips
We’ve created a list of important pointers that candidates should remember while for how to prepare RAS exam.
- Making Study Plan: Candidates should prepare a complete strategy that includes the RAS main exams. As a result, studying for the RAS main exam also includes studying for the preliminary exam. The individual should create a study strategy based on their areas of interest and academic background. Candidates should focus on topics they believe are difficult when creating their study plan. The study plan should allow revision time since it is the key to success.
- Study Material: The Rajasthan state board books are essential for the RAS test since they provide the best coverage of local folklore. In addition, the industrial growth of Rajasthan, the geography of Rajasthan, and the contributions of Rajasthan’s characters to the liberation struggle are all covered in these publications. All of these elements are essential for the RAS preliminary and main exams.
- Current Affairs: Candidates should discuss current affairs to the fullest extent possible, highlighting current events that are important from a state’s perspective. In addition, the current events of national and worldwide relevance are quite dynamic, with new events being added daily. The newspaper can be quite helpful in studying current events for the RAS exam.
- Previous year Question papers: Previous years’ RAS question papers can be extremely useful in preparation for the RAS Prelims and Main exams. The RAS question papers can be used to create a list of relevant topics and see how the RAS exam questions are asked. Only a detailed search of the RAS question papers will allow candidates to understand the exam’s demands. When solved promptly, past year’s question papers can function as mock test papers for applicants.
Best wishes for your upcoming exam.